This Joomla! 2.5 and 3.x compatible plugin is for developers who would llike to offer their Joomla! extensions through the new Joomla! Extension Finder (Install from Web) feature but want users to register with their website first.
Before installing the plugin, make sure you have the following details available for each one of your extensions:
- The JED ID for the extension. You can retrieve this ID number by visiting the webpage of your extension on the Joomla! Extensions Directory. It's the last number in the URL for that page.
- The URL pointing at the file or script that allows users to directly download the extension.
Once you have these details, download and install JEFReg on your website. In the plugin options, make sure to add one line for each one of your extensions, following the format below:
JED ID => http://mywebsite.com/link/to/file.zip
If the line starts with *, it will be ignored and left to be handled by plugins that support e-commerce applications, e.g.
Your clients should now be able to directly install your extension once registered.
In case of trouble, please, don't hesitate to contact us through our contact form.
- 615 times
- File size:
- 4.62 Kb
- MD5 Signature:
- SHA1 Signature:
- Plugin updated to support "purchase before download" plugins
- Session information is saved to avoid connection problems
- Extensive comments added in the code